Yes, one should follow below shown rules / restrictions to do meditation:-
- Have nice shower before meditation.
- Say "No" to non-vegetarian food possibly 24 hours before meditation.
- Sit on a non-conductive sacred platform.
- Facing direction is important and same confirmed by astrologer.
- Use relevant seating posture as per astrologer advice.
- Use relevant dress colour code as per astrologer advice.
Meditation is the special technique provided by our ancient sages to communicate and enjoy effects of the nature. Meditation does not require your money; instead, it requires your dedication and time.
Meditation is a good stress reliever. When you sit calm for some time, with zero thinking will make your brain rest / relax for few minutes. When your brain is relaxed, you too will look fresh with cut down of any stress, which had piled up.
Meditation behaves as a medium in connecting you with the nature.
When meditation done properly you will incur nature's energy within you and which will remove / reduce all your life problems.